Community Steering Group
The Community Steering Group is changing the future of funding in Barking & Dagenham!
The Community Steering Group (CSG) is a group of local people who give their time and ideas to make the Community Endowment Fund a success, now and for future generations.
Our role is to create the space and conditions for the CSG to make decisions about how the Community Endowment Fund is invested and managed. The CSG’s role is to gain the support of BD Giving’s Board of Trustees for the decisions they make about the Fund. They have a unique opportunity to make a real difference to the borough by sharing their experience.
The CSG members bring different professional and personal experiences, but all are agreed on a set of shared values . In regular meetings they learn about social investment, use decision-making techniques and tools and find a way forward that includes all voices in the group.
CSG members get:
- training and support around group decision-making, community engagement, and understanding finances, and charitable funding processes;
- a chance to network with a diverse group of people who care about Barking & Dagenham;
- involvement in a new funding model that could put the borough on the map for community investment;
- fair recognition for the contribution they make to the group; and
- the power to shape what gets funded in Barking and Dagenham!